Process for starting a Guild: Flow
- Steward: Create a Regeneratecascadia.org user account and log in.
- Bioregional Admin: Get “Ambassador” user role.
- Steward: Fill out the Application on RC Guild to Create a Guild
- Bioregional Admin:
- We review your form and upgrades your role to “Steward.” Send an MOU document and organizers handbook with organizer policies in it.
- Organizers become considered a “Scaffolding Team”.
- You or we add your group information to the Group formation Log: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10r111JXW0hbUVrXL_in9kOVw3_ShK7QP7gqpqkAvOvY/edit#gid=0
- Create an RC page for the group using the information provided in the form.
- The page has an integrated Blog and Event Calendar, a Form for people to get involved, as well as a description of the form from the people who set it up.
- Julie Wolf (email@example.com) will create an RC BuddyBoss Community (Groups & Forum) , and set you as the Steward.
- We add a calendar tag/category. Update the log in form.
- Create an email address for the Scaffolding Team
- Create a Folder in the Google Drive
- Give a Zoom License to the Email
- Give access to the YouTube Channel.
- Set a time/day for your initial meeting. We recommend using when2meet: and share set a time that works for people in your group.
- Add your information to the calendar. Use the primary RC zoom line, and make sure the first meeting is recorded to the cloud.
- New Steward Welcoming Committee can help if needed.
- Tanja follows up, if an event hasn’t been made and supports to assure an event has been to the calendar within 1-2 days.
Having Your First Meeting.
- For new guild or Guild, a bioregional steward should be present to answer questions. You can use the bioregional zoom line.
- An initial stewardship team should be created.
- A monthly time should be set for regular meetings.
- If it’s a new group project, a watershed/guild steward should be present. You can use Your dedicated group zoom line. And initial stewardship team should be created.
- If it’s a new committee, a bioregional steward should be present. You can use the bioregional zoom line. An initial stewardship team should be created.
- First Meeting Followup:
- Zoom Gets downloaded and added to the youtube channel. Private – i.e. accessale for embed/link, but not publicly searchable (Unlisted).
- Youtube – and Meeting Notes are included in a blog post which is shared on the website, through the Meeting reportback form.
After the First Meeting
- For anyone who joins the Scaffolding team, we need to have a signed agreement with you about data use, privacy and following Regenerate Cascadia policies.
Monthly Organizing Meeting
- Guilds should meet at least once a month, to check in on how things are going, and to set priorities for upcoming meetings.
Quarterly Guild Meeting
- Where all workgroups check in, and new workgroups get formed.