The tours will stop at three Whatcom County locations, highlighting various regeneration projects, including a live biochar burn! The presentation and tours aim to highlight and empower the incredible place-based networks, innovations, and on-the-ground work taking place across watersheds in the Cascadia bioregion, with a focus on Whatcom County, to regenerate damaged ecosystems, protect healthy ecosystems, address climate change, and promote sustainable ways of living, working and learning together that are just and equitable.
For location addresses and to RSVP for the tours click here.
Inspiration Farm 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Presentations by Joe Brewer, Clare Attwell and Brandon Letsinger
- Tour of permaculture farm
- Tour of neighboring reforested property
- Lunch (BY0)
- Envision ways to regenerate an abandoned gravel pit
- Plant nuts and acorns as we tour the property
Edaphos Wildlife Sanctuary 1:30 – 2:30 pm
- Overview of original state of property
- Tour of regeneration efforts: ponds, swales, native plantings, etc.
- Composting and mulching efforts
River Farm 3:00 – 5:00 pm
- Biochar burn – LIVE!
- Tour of ecological forestry
- Farm and community tour
- Short presentations by:
- Kulshan Carbon Trust
- River Farm
- Whatcom Conservation District
- RE Sources
These events are part of Regenerate Cascadia’s Bioregional Activation Tour. With stops in 14 different locations around the Salish Sea, this tour will serve as a kick-off to Regenerate Cascadia’s efforts to initiate a bioregionalism movement in Cascadia and will be capped by an online Bioregional Summit scheduled for early November.
If you have questions or want more information, contact David Ketter at email@example.com.
Let’s work together for a stronger community!