Website Under Construction. Sign in for Zoom Link

STORE

DONATE

Updates on Formation of a Guild

  • Updates on Formation of a Guild

    Posted by Paul on December 30, 2023 at 12:29 pm

    A group with a recurring core of people has been meeting for a couple of months to discuss how we can form a stable group that supports formation of a “Bioregional Learning Guild”. What is the infrastructure necessary to accelerate collective learning necessary to regenerate to social and ecological health of a bioregion?

    This discussion is the current home for that group. This “Discussion Lead” text is updated as we go. Our deliberations are captured in a prototype Circle Log. In January we developed a GEFNSETT agreement to support our information management.

    We are using the Bioregional Education Guild Page as our landing page… what someone interested in a bioregional education guild would first see. Any suggestions or efforts to improve this page are welcome.

    We are hosting weekly conversations to discuss the aims and structure of a stewardship group that would commit to guild formation and develop and steward infrastructure, events, protocols and etiquette that could support guild formation. Part of this is cultivating our sense of shared purpose that can make this group coherent, resilient, and able to form strong relationships. (Check out the calendar).

    Come to Kwin’s Bioregional Learning Open Space on February 17!

    Jan replied 6 days, 11 hours ago 3 Members · 6 Replies
  • 6 Replies
  • Julie

    Steward
    January 31, 2024 at 8:09 pm

    1/25/24 Meeting Recording in Zoom here Passcode: 3k1g5@Ta

    The Zoom Recording is great for transcript and chat.

    YouTube video here of this meeting.

    No Reportback post made yet. We need a steward of the group to do a Reportback which can be found under Start here > Organizer Tools > Share a Reportback. then I can post the Zoom Recording there after the post ir created.

    Please use same image and categories in Calendar event and in posts. So we brand our Education Guild “Room at RC Crossroads Inn” consistently so visitors here know where they are.

  • Julie

    Steward
    February 1, 2024 at 5:34 pm
    • This Feb 1st 2024 session focused a bit about the educational resource survey lead by Clare Strawn and a lot about supporting Quinn Gerald with his Open Space Regenerate Cascadia Bioregional Learning And Education event Feb 17th. We discussion how to invite presenters and facilitators, how to resource and support small group breakouts with note takers and recorders for Miro and Reportbacks and what to do with the harvest afterwards and gathering follow ups to support communities locally and bioregionally.
    • Zoom Recording Passcode: 4Ey7?@JM – for Transcript, AI Summary, AI Next Steps and chat.
    • Youtube is up too. UPDATE 2-5-24: Also posted videos on Reportback – see on Latest Updates on the home page.
    • Jan completed a Reportback here https://regeneratecascadia.org/bioregional-learning-guild-meeting-report-back-02-01-2024/ on 2/5/24.
    • Stewards can Share a Reportback (found under Start Here > Organizer Tools) which posts on Latest Updates (home page.)
    • Julie will create the survey from Clare’s work on Regenerative Educational Resource assets in Cascadia and Brandon will review it. Then this Guild group will review and iterate the survey as needed before distribution and invitation to take the survey via iegenerate Cascadia Newsletter.
    • Story telling’s importance was discussed.

  • Julie

    Steward
    February 8, 2024 at 6:56 pm

    @pcereghino Paul, and core team, shall we ask you Paul to edit the top of this top pinned Discussion to say “Circle Log” instead of Guild Log – the link? I informed the group in Zoom meeting today that the “Circle Log” is pinned to the top discussion. Knowing this will help in preparing for meetings to make an agenda, link new docs to and take notes during meetings also.

    • Paul

      Steward
      February 8, 2024 at 9:13 pm

      Done

  • Julie

    Steward
    February 11, 2024 at 6:38 pm

    Thanks Paul.

    2/8/24 Bioregional Education Guild weekly meeting Zoom Recording here Passcode: vD1#PsD7 See if the AI Chapters, Summary and next steps are accurate and useful.

    The (public facing) Reportback post created by Larry this week with my assistance, Monday; 2/12/24, now has the YouTube video of our Zoom meeting. Find it under Latest Updates on the home page. Larry tried using comment on others words in the Circle Log Google Doc which could be an adopted policy with the groups consent, as better communication etiquett to not change someones words but comment on them for collaborative feedback and communication. <div>

    Do we agree with the above Circle Log commenting policy?

    <div>


    Larry and Jan will continue improving with best practices of being lead and facilitator for our next meeting (Thursdays – see Calendar). Agenda for next meeting to be developed on the Circle Log Monday when they meet. Hopefully we the stewards can have time to review it before we meet, ideally.


    Larry check out the description on the Youtube video. Let me know what you think and if some of that guidance from Paul on roles (facilitator, lead and scribe) might be interesting on the Reportback. As well as Quinn’s 4 questions and our conclusions on discussing/answerng them.
    </div></div>

  • Jan

    Member
    February 14, 2024 at 1:24 pm

    Overview for Feb 15 meeting and agenda
    Hi all

    Please Look over the meeting overview in the Bioregional Learning Circle Log – Circle log link and indicate topics you wish to have added to the agenda. Letting us know these ahead of time allows for better budgeting of our meeting time.

    Also to make the meeting move more effectively, can each of you giving Information Reports , provide us with some brief bullet points in advance of the meeting .

    See you Thursday 11:15.

    Larry and Jan

Log in to reply.